Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

� #1
Old 05-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Observer
Gemini is on a distinguished road
Default Relief for Hot Flashes & Night Sweats?

Can anyone reccomend something that is natural & not too large a pill to take, that actually works for these problems. I had tried one by Natrol that did absolutely nothing. Also tried Estroven, it did not help either. There must be something out there to help?

Eve
� #2
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Reader
Mike is on a distinguished road
Default maca

Eve,

Did the herb "maca" not work out for you?

Mike
� #3
Old 05-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Eve,

Did the herb "maca" not work out for you?

Mike

Actually, I did not order it...after reading more about it, it seems that it is more inclined to help you with weight loss, (which I could use) & libido problems, which at my age is not of concern...the main thing that I want to get rid of is hot flashes & night sweats....

Eve
� #4
Old 05-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Enlightener
Marcus is on a distinguished road

Look into Heel Homeopathics. www.HeelUSA.com

You did not mention if your were perimenapausal or menapausal.

If you are menapausal the Heel remedies of klimakheel and Hormeel may be of help. Add Ypsiloheel if there is a lot of emotional craziness going on, lots of stress.

Nervoheel, Ypsiloheel and Neuro-Heel are great for all kinds of anxiety states. You will have to try them out to see which is best for you. It can replace ativan or xanax.

If you are perimenapausal Hormeel is what to try first. And if you have breast symptoms try Heel's Lymphomyosot. It is a great lymph drainage remedy and it will help with hormonal breast changes. Use it daily for several months then you might be able to cut back to mid cycle and use for only two weeks or so each month. Some people get so they only need it occasionally.

Go to any healthfood store that sells Heel products. They can get these for you by special order. I have found that I only need 5 drops instead of the recommended 10 drops per dose. It will make the bottle last twice as long so experiment with it.

Best of Health to you!
Arrow
� #5
Old 05-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Reader
Sally B. will become famous soon enough

Gemini,

I highly recommend this product. She has alot of really great products on her website. Her specialty is natural progesterone for women who are perimenopausal and menopausal. She also has a lot of good educational info on this subject, too! I like this cream in particular because it also has red clover, which really helps with hot flashes and night sweats. I get sick of taking lots of pills, too! You can order online or get one of her catalogs and order by phone.

www.askdrhelen.com

BIO-IDENTICAL PHYTO-PROGESTERONE with RED CLOVER

Maintain Good Health during PMS, PeriMenopause, Menopause and Osteoporosis!

May Help Relieve:
~Hot Flashes
~Night Sweats
~Insomnia
~Depression
~Vaginal Dryness
~Low Sex Drive
~Lack of Energy
~Emotional Instability
~Forgetfulness
~Rapid Skin Aging
~Loss of Tone in Breasts
~Fuzzy Thinking

INGREDIENTS:
Progesterone, Safflower Oil, Wild Yam Extract, Red Clover Extract, Aloe Vera, Avocado Oil, Almond Oil, Lecithin, Chamomile Extract, Rheocare, Uniphen, Purified Water

DIRECTIONS:
Apply 1/4 tsp. twice daily on inner arms, abdomen or thighs. Use 25 days per month. Repeat monthly. Rotate areas of application. For stronger symptoms use 28 days per month.

Item Number : BIO-P/E
Price: $20.00

Quantity :

She has other creams with different ingredients, so check them out and find one that is best for you. Be sure and check all of the ingredients listed because for some reason a few of her products contain parabens which are not healthy! Hope this helps!

Sally B.
� #6
Old 05-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Observer
pepawbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pepawbear Send a message via MSN to pepawbear Send a message via Yahoo to pepawbear

I'm gonna wade in here to pass on the success my wife has been having with these two products..(I think they are a God Send!!!!!)

Vision Menopause SupportTM (Capsules) and Perfect Balance Progesterone Cream

See, my wife had her stroke in November of last year. One of the first things they did was take her off of her Estrogen. Let me tell you what.. that was not a pretty sight... It created the doctor Jekyl and Hyde syndrome. She would turn into Dr. Jekyl and I would Hyde!!!

I had no idea that would happen.. I sure didn't have any notion what a hot flash was. But.. now I do.. now I do.. Have you ever seen the Exercist? Now I know where they got the idea for it.. I really think.. my wife was possessed and the Estrogen kept that creature inside her in check.

So, we tried all kinds of stuff.. friends would offer their sympathy to me.. then suggest some magicial potion. Needless to say.. there was no silver bullet available to handle this new demon.

Then one day, my wife was normal? Hey. I didn't dare say anything. What? you think I'm crazy? no way.. not me.. This went on for about 4 or 5 more days and I kept waitin for the creature from the black lagoon to raise it's ugly head .. but it never did..???

So, I just casually mention to her.. from across the room of course, that I guess she was getting use to not having her estrogen pills. And she laughed.. and wanted to know if I could tell a difference.. Well, I chosed my words wisely and basically said something like I was glad she and her body finally agreed to a peace treaty.

She told me that Lucy had brought her a couple of the products and she started taking and using them. And that they actually worked.

Ahhh.. yes.. I'd forgot.. duhhhh dumb me.. I had told other people about them but .. I guess I couldn't see the forrest for the witch.. uhh I mean trees.. So, I'm here to tell you.. a personal testimonial.. these two products probably saved my life. Saved our marriage.

No mood swings, no sweats, no cramps, no more demons. She is my lovely wife and best friend again.. So, I wanted to mention them to you an tell you a little about em.

Vision Menopause SupportTM (Capsules)
Benefits:
Specially formulated to enhance a woman's overall good health
Specifically addresses women's changing health issues
Features:

Contains essential vitamins and minerals
Contains botanicals specific to womens health problems
Contains special blend of enzymes to support overall digestion

Menopause can be a challenging time in any womans life as she adjusts to a variety of physical, mental and emotional changes. Many women begin to experience the discomforts of hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings and disturbed sleep, but hesitate to begin Hormone Replacement Therapy due to its many side effects.

Vision Menopause SupportTM was designed to address women's changing health issues, while also supporting overall good health. Vision Menopause SupportTM contains a special blend of vitamins, minerals, botanicals and enzymes that help promote a healthy hormonal balance, while supporting a healthy bone structure as well as physical and mental energy.

This special formulation contains Black Cohosh, a rich source of phytoestrogens, which has been used by women since the 19th century. Other key ingredients in Vision Menopause SupportTM are Red Clover, Dong Quai, Wild Yam and Evening Primrose Oil which combine to make Vision Menopause SupportTM your best and safest choice to stay comfortable, healthy and active during this changing phase of your life.

Perfect Balance Progesterone Cream
formulated by Dr. Lee..

Helps maintain normal levels of progesterone
Suports good health for women through the body's many changes
Aids in normalization of thyroid hormone action
Helps maintain normal sleep patterns

Features:
Completely natural and safe
Free of harmful side effects associated with hormone replacement therapy
Estrogen-free

"Progesterone is a unique hormone with a full spectrum of benefits throughout the body and provides protection against all undesirable estrogen side effects." Dr. John R. Lee, M.D.

Today, women throughout the world are becoming better acquainted with the benefits of natural progesterone as an alternative solution to the effects of menopause. Perfect Balance Progesterone Cream supports good health and comfort for women experiencing menopause, peri-menopause, post-menopause and PMS without the potentially harmful side effects caused by traditional Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).

This elegantly smooth formulation is based upon the recommendations of Dr. John R. Lee, an international authority and pioneer in the use of natural progesterone cream and natural hormone balance.

So what does progesterone have to do with menopause? Due to ovulatary cycles, progesterone levels typically decline before menopause begins, followed by a decline in estrogen. Progesterone production tends to fall to almost zero while estrogen declines to about 40% to 50%. This situation leads to an imbalance between estrogen and progesterone causing an increase in estrogen activity, which is now described as estrogen dominance. Estrogen dominance can cause or aggravate allergies, fatigue, weight gain, memory loss, uterine cancer or fibroids, acceleration of aging and osteoporosis, along with a number of other disorders.

According to Dr. Lee, "Estrogen dominance and progesterone deficiency are the enemies of good health."

Many women have found that by supplementing their hormone production with natural progesterone cream, they reduce many or most of their menopausal symptoms. Additionally, the signs and symptoms of osteoporosis appear to decrease when progesterone cream is part of a daily regimen. According to Dr. Lee, there is another even more compelling reason to use natural progesterone cream. Says Dr. Lee, "I believe that progesterone is a potent protector against the 80 percent of breast cancer that is hormone-related."

Perfect Balance Progesterone Cream may offer other wonderful benefits such as:
Stimulates osteoblast bone building Restores sex drive
Protects against fibrocystic breasts Natural anti-depressant
Facilitates thyroid hormone action Normalizes blood sugar levels
Helps use of fat for energy Improved sleep patterns
Normalizes blood clotting Restores proper oxygen cell levels
Natural diuretic

Perfect Balance Progesterone Cream contains a generous 2000mg of natural progesterone per 4oz. tube, delivering

And yes, I am a MLM'er. A very proud MLM'er at that. A very proud MLM'er with a normal wife. ahhhhh.. life is good.

you can go to www.V4L.COM/CURCOE and scroll down to the sound room. Click on the Perfect Balance Progesterone Cream and listen to a very good audio. When that is done, click on the Vision Menopause SupportTM audio.

You will obtain a lot of info. Good info. Do not buy off of that web site. If you wish, send me a PM an I'll direct you to where and how you can get it at wholesale prices.

By the way, since I've told a lot of my friends about these products, when their wives are runnin low on them, the hubbys will call me to order so the wives won't run out. And one more thing, I will make sure my wife doesn't run out.. LOL
� #7
Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Observer
Default Menopause Symptom Relief

This does sound like the answer to a woman's prayers...do you know how large the capsule is? I have a hard time swallowing big capsules, so it would be helpful to know....& if I tried it, it would have to be less expensive than that...

Eve
� #8
Old 05-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Observer
Send a message via AIM to pepawbear Send a message via MSN to pepawbear Send a message via Yahoo to pepawbear
Default well...

Retail is $32 each. Wholesale, my cost, for the Perfect Bal is $28 and for the Menopause capsules, (60) is $25

I need to mention that the cream will last forever. Debby only squeezes out the amout equal to a pea. She has had her tub for about 3 months now. (I have her next one in the cabinet.. )

The Menapause one, she takes one capsule on 'normal' days? and when the need is there, she will take one in the mornin and one in the afternoon. I guess you can tell when you need two of em a day?

The capsules come apart very easy and you can mix it with your yorgurt or in a glass of OJ or even in some water. I say yogurt cause she let her oldest daughter try it and she can not take pills at all.

I also know, if you buy 5 of them, you get the 6th one for free. so that helps cost wise. That brings the cost of the menapause stuff down to about $20.33 and the cream down to about $23.33 each. But that is a lot of cream.. probably a year's worth..

Ya can do what I did.. my neighbor is a postal worker.. he was tellin me that his wife was... uhh.. mutating into that other person again. I gave him the menapuase stuff and cream and told him if it worked, which he said it never would, he'd pay me for them. He said if it works, I'll give ya a hundred dollars.. and took em an left. 4 days later, he came over and handed me a crisp new $100 bill. and said, Thank you.. I laughed told him he had change coming.. Told him how much and he said.. hey. just order me some more of it till the money runs out.. So I did..

Yep.. he is a believer now.
� #9
Old 05-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Guide
RubyTuesday is on a distinguished road

Aren't discussion boards wonderful? Free marketing and advertising for "proud" MLM'rs on someone else's dime. What a country.
� #10
Old 05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Observer
Default Yes

Yes Ruby... What a country......

In fact, I think these two products are something that 'you' really really need. :wink:

I believe the person that started this thread asked if anyone knew of anything that could help her. I responded. Because I do know of something that can and will help her.
� #11
Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepawbear
Yes Ruby... What a country......

In fact, I think these two products are something that 'you' really really need. :wink:

I believe the person that started this thread asked if anyone knew of anything that could help her. I responded. Because I do know of something that can and will help her.
Yes, and I am glad to hear from a real person that knows someone that has tried the product. The only thing that concerns me is that it has black cohosh in it & I found that with the small amount that was in the product that I just tried, (40 mg), it gave me headaches & a queasy stomach, so I am unsure about trying anything else with that herb in it, although even my Dr. said it was the best one to help with the hot flashes, which is really the only symptom that I am trying to allieviate, they are especially bad in the evenings...

Eve
� #12
Old 05-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Lecturer
EarlyBird is on a distinguished road
Default Hot Flashes

I don't remember too many during the night, but the
Daytime hot flashes could be mighty embarassing, and
caught me off guard many times.

I was glad when the whole thiong passed on. Age does
have SOME benefits. Good luck Eve!
� #13
Old 05-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBird
I don't remember too many during the night, but the
Daytime hot flashes could be mighty embarassing, and
caught me off guard many times.

I was glad when the whole thiong passed on. Age does
have SOME benefits. Good luck Eve!
I am just the opposite...I don't have "too" many during the day, but in the evenings & nights, they are terrible. I wake up every morning with my PJ's soaked & even during the day, the "flashes" are much more intense, my heart is pounding in my head & I break out sweating all over....I miss my bio-idnentical hormones!
� #14
Old 05-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Reader
Sally B. will become famous soon enough

Gemini,

If all you want is something for night sweats, which "was" a serious problem for me, too, I recommend red clover by itself. When I first started getting hot flashes and night sweats I tried lots of different products, including black cohosh. Nothing worked until I tried red clover. Although it took a month or more before it actually relieved them all. Check out Nature's Answer "Standardized" Red Clover. The whole herb did not work at all, only the standardized red clover!!! I took one capsule twice a day. I buy this at my local grocery store, but you can find it online at www.vitaminshoppe.com The capsules are small and easy to swallow!

Sally B.
� #15
Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Observer
Default Red Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally B.
Gemini,

If all you want is something for night sweats, which "was" a serious problem for me, too, I recommend red clover by itself. When I first started getting hot flashes and night sweats I tried lots of different products, including black cohosh. Nothing worked until I tried red clover. Although it took a month or more before it actually relieved them all. Check out Nature's Answer "Standardized" Red Clover. The whole herb did not work at all, only the standardized red clover!!! I took one capsule twice a day. I buy this at my local grocery store, but you can find it online at www.vitaminshoppe.com The capsules are small and easy to swallow!

Sally B.
Thanks for that info, Sally

Right now, I am reluctant to try anything that is an "herb". Since I have been having these weird "spells" in which I first feel very sad, then flushed, then get weak & shaky & feel like my blood is draining down & out of my body...it's really a terrible feeling, but I think that they are caused by an herbal colon cleanse supplement that I was taking. I am leaving off all herbs for a few days to see if that stops them, if so, then I will know that is the culprit & if that is the case, then I don't know what I will do for either of the problems!

Eve
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.