Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Men's Health

� #1
Old 10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Observer
graeme1233 is on a distinguished road
Default Stomach Problems, bloating after eating. Any Advice?

Hello, I am a 22 year old male,
About a month ago, me and my family caught a bad stomach bug (sickness and Diarrhea) about a week later everyone was better, but for some reason i did not feel right, my stomach was bloating all the time, and after eating, i felt even more bloated, i went to the Doctors and they said constipation, so i tried some laxitive, i started to go the the toilet normally, but i was still getting a bloating feeling and my stomach would inflate a bit, i went back and the doctor gave me lansoprazole, they worked a tiny bit, but then stopped, i was still getting a weird feeling after eating. Then last week, i has some chips, and my stomach got thousands times worse, i was having bad pains and felt the need to throw up, and diarrhea started, i went to my doctor again to tell him the tablets have done nothing, but he said stick to them and he gave me more. I decided to go to the Hospital, as i wanted answers, the doctor i saw there said it is an "after effect" of the original stomach flu me and my family had, and my stomach needed to heal, he told me to stick to the tablets for 6 weeks.

Could that really be the problem? or is it something more?
� #2
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Guide
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

I have been experiencing the same symptoms for a few months, however I must add that I am missing my large intestine and my small intestine has been reconstructed into what is medically known as an ileo anal pouch; my pouch is an S Pouch, for obvious reasons! All a result of bowel cancer in 2003!

I feel uncomfortable regardless of what I am eating, and I also sweat an awful lot, I had a gastroscopy last month, and have to have a second one as my surgeon wasn't happy with the first one(I have a Gastroscopy annually). I have also lost quite a lot of weight, which is worrying my wife. My appetite is not what it used to be, but the weight loss is alarming, and now I am belching a lot which hasn't happened for a while,

The return trip to hospital will give me a chance to ask some direct questions. Hopefully the answers will be pleasant ones!

Hope you sort your stomach issues out soon Graeme, don't be afraid to ask the questions you want to.

Namaste,

rev

PS I'm 52!
� #3
Old 03-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Explorer
BKnatural will become famous soon enough

Hey there, I have experienced a similar symptom several times in my life. It's as if your body is sensing any type of food as poison regardless of what you are eating? I don't think you are going to find any good answers from the doctors. I never did. It could could be a case of IBS (Inflammitory bowel syndrome), but even then, it's likely temporary. I am no doctor, but I can assure you that it's a sign you need to do a fast. Go 24 hours without eating if you have not already. Drink lots of water (not cheap bottled water!) that will likely make it worse because of the toxins. Fasting is very cleansing for the body. Also, if you are physically or even mentally stressed for whatever reason, that could very well be the culprit to your symptom. I believe it was for me. I am 30 years old myself and I have come a long way from managing stress and just tweaking my way of eating. I would like to discuss this with you more and see if I can really help. Would you like to connect on facebook? You can find me at facebook.com/brendan.kearney.73

Would like to hear from you and how it goes, take care!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.