Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Health Insurance

� #1
Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Observing cool stuff
happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough
Default Healthcare Penalties and being unemployed

What to do?

I will have to pay $95 a month? From where? I haven't worked for years. Recently divorced from a man that when I did find part time work, took the car away and would NOT help with childcare on weekends.

So, here I am. Not even close to 65. Not a home owner. I got nuttin. Even the 11 year old car's future is a roll of the die.

Living as a "guest" in my daughters home.

My lawyer called this am to let me know the status of my ex signing over the title to the car and asked if I signed up for the healthcare crap and if not, I will pay penalties.

I'll admit I was comfortable being under ex's medical/dental/vision which ended August 2013. Info on the looming mandate didn't even phase me.

Can I just opt out? Or, will my daughter have to pay my penalties along with cell phone, car insurance, etc???

This sux. Big time. Just wrong.
� #2
Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Anyone signing up for a health plan under Obamacare/Affordable Care Act has to fill out an application for Medicaid, even if their income is nowhere near the Medicaid guidelines.

Their income for 2013 is the judgment for Medicaid qualification or rejection. If you get a rejection number/letter, then you move forward to shop for a plan, as I did.

You'll have to check online, I think the family limit for Medicaid is around $15,000 a year, likely half for an individual. I think that this is a good thing for folks like yourself with no income coming in...that was the point of the plan in the first place, to help low/no income people get insurance coverage.

Just because you're unemployed and have no income, does not mean you should be without insurance coverage. Look into it, the sooner the better.
� #3
Old 04-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Hopefully this isn't too late

How to Avoid the Obamacare Penalty

Quote:
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), also called the Affordable Care Act (ACA), but better known as simply Obamacare, is a collection of new taxes masquerading as a healthcare law.

Obamacare institutes new taxes on indoor tanning services, drug companies, medical device manufacturers, comprehensive health insurance plans, and health insurers. It increases the employee share of the Medicare tax (currently 1.45 percent) to 2.35 percent on that portion of income that is more than $200,000 for individuals or $250,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly. It also adds a new 3.8 percent Medicare tax on investment income that will apply to the lesser of one’s net investment income or the amount of adjusted gross income in excess of applicable thresholds
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.