Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

� #1
Old 07-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about
Default Nail in the gluten coffin

New research confirms some of the basic tenets of the Wheat Belly, a book by Dr. William Davis
https://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/7966...e-weight-gain/
� #2
Old 07-16-2014, 08:55 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

The Egyptians look rather healthy to me, and wheat has been a staple in their diet even before Christ (BC). History proves it. One could say the same for the Greeks. Americans just don't do anything in moderation.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #3
Old 07-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
The Egyptians look rather healthy to me, and wheat has been a staple in their diet even before Christ (BC). History proves it. One could say the same for the Greeks. Americans just don't do anything in moderation.

Insulin cycling will make you fat, period. According to Dr Barry Sears the mummified carcasses of Egyptians showed something that the pretty hyroglyphics did not; excess belly fat.

Giving up wheat cured my perpetual sinus congestion and my stiff joints in my hands. Wheat is the main irritant that causes arthritis.

Read Dr Davis's book and decide for yourself.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #4
Old 07-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Also the wheat in biblical times is far different than the wheat to-day. Even the wheat when I was a child was 5 foot high and now 18 inches.
� #5
Old 07-16-2014, 01:14 PM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

But gluten has always existed from the beginning of wheat. GMO and pesticide has not.
� #6
Old 07-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Enlightener

I think there are people who have no problem with gluten.
I personally had bronchitis when I was young and had my appendices taken out had skin problems off and on most of my life lung problems most of my life constipation on and off. All these ailments for 70 years and no doctor said anything until I heard a doctor say that any or all these things are a sign of gluten intolerance I stop gluten 100% two years ago and all these problems disappeared. This is just my experience and if I did not hear this I would still be suffering.
� #7
Old 07-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Guide
Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Dr Perlmutter and Dr Mercola both see a strong link between gluten and Alzheimer's. I wear my seatbelt when I drive, I go inside when lightning is striking, and I am eliminating wheat and all grain from my diet.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...er-gluten.aspx
� #8
Old 07-24-2014, 04:13 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Gluten is bad only for people with celiac disease....
Gluten can effect the digestion even before you get celuac disease. Celiac is just a symptom of a major gluten intolerance.
� #9
Old 07-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Enlightener

There are many poisons which are completely natural not referring to gluten. Some people get gluten intolerant but a large group it is passed through core blood and breast milk to the child. This has a doubling effect. If you are gluten free you will not pass it along.
Mayo clinic says that 1/3 gluten intolerance some Naturopath doctor have it as high as 70%
Refined flours tend to remove important minerals and add other chemicals.
� #10
Old 07-24-2014, 06:09 AM
Guide
Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Dr Perlmutter. a well-known neurologist, blames gluten for a variety of different ailments that previously were not thought to relate to gluten, not just celiac disease. He has successfully treated people with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and a variety of other brain-related diseases with gluten-free diets. He states that gluten attacks brain function and causes inflation of the brain even if you do not have celiac disease. This was not a problem in ancient times when the average lifespan was about 30 but now that we are living much much longer, it is a serious problem.
� #11
Old 07-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Explorer
RodsHealth is on a distinguished road

I have a gluten sensitivity (never tested for celiac), sleep apnea, and diverticulitis. Probably have a leaky gut. What's the likelihood that they are all related, perhaps through certain bacteria having been wiped out by antibiotics or GMO foods?
� #12
Old 07-29-2014, 04:40 AM
Observer
Hwkmn05 will become famous soon enough

ND told me to get off gluten due to a sensitive small intestine issue. Wish I had years ago, noticeable difference in 3 weeks.
� #13
Old 08-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Observer
seano is on a distinguished road

My wife has a sensitivity to gluten. If she eats it, she's almost guaranteed to have symptoms like cramping and severe migraines. On more than 1 occasion I've witnessed people rolling their eyes when I tell them this, because they immediately jumped to the conclusion that my wife is on the latest fad diet bandwagon or something.

... I should print the facts on a pamphlet and just hand them out when people like that irritate me
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.