� #1
Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Garlic Recipes

Pickled Garlic

I use garlic daily.

I buy it organic and fresh.
Then I pickle it.
Fill one quarter of a pickling (mason) jar with balsamic vinegar
fill the jar with peeled garlic cloves,
then with the remaining room, distilled white vinegar,
add Redmond salt or Celtic, or your preference,
Add a few sprigs of favorite herb
Let it sit in the frige for at least two weeks.

Then two cloves daily. Its still hot but bearable. No garlic aura either.

For garlic to provide the antibacterial effects of allicin it needs to be hot and whole, that is uncrushed. If it sat in the frige for a year the heat would significantly decrease as the allicin degrades, but other benefits remain.

You can reuse the vinegar mix several times over.

Sometimes garlic will look blue after pickling. This is the vinegar reacting with the copper found in garlic. It is not a problem.

If you get really sick two cloves every 2 to 3 hours is recommended.
(I heard a testimonial once that this cured MRSA for someone who had no health insurance to pay for drug treatment)

Last edited by Arrowwind09; 05-28-2009 at 10:08 PM.
� #2
Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about
Talking Green Garlic Butter

Green Garlic Butter

Green Garlic Butter:
The addition of greens to this wonderful garlic butter recipe gives it loads of extra raw nutrition. My favorite greens to use are Lambsquarters, young Dandelion leaves, Watercress, and Chickweed, but you needn't stop there! This recipe is endlessly adaptable to any green experiments you might wish to concoct!
� cup unsalted butter
� cup olive oil
� teaspoon salt
12 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup freshly chopped wild greens (or parsley, tarragon, basil or other fresh garden herbs)

Make garlic butter in a food processor by whipping the butter, oil, salt, fresh garlic and greens together until smooth.
Note: If using salted butter, eliminate the salt from the recipe.
The olive oil makes the butter nice and creamy and spreadable, even after refrigerating. I like to make a batch of this to keep handy in the fridge. You can also make a larger batch ahead to freeze in small containers when the greens are in season.
� #3
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 AM
Lecturer
just me is on a distinguished road

Arrow, does pickling the garlic take some of the garlic breath after effects out of the garlic... Garlic is a great parasite cleanse along with all its other great attributes, and I love using it, but cant stand the garlic breath!!!
� #4
Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Standing at the Portal

Did it again. Hit the edit button. No changes to your post just me.....don't know whats wrong with me.

I don't mind the garlic. My husband and I eat it and I never notice it on him. Pickling it makes it slightly less...as I said it decreases the aura. We usually eat it at dinner and the next thing is to bed. No trace in the morning. at least no one has complained to me. I remember in the old days hanging out with hardcore vegetarians, you could smell some of them coming from a mile away. It seemed to seep out of their pores.
� #5
Old 05-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Guide
u&iraok will become famous soon enough

I'm a huge garlic fan, too. It's an amazing...um...what is it, a vegetable? It's an amazing plant or whatever. Scientists are still studying it and haven't found out what most of the substances in the garlic do yet. I decided not to worry about garlic breath, sorry, friends, family and acquaintances. (I eat a lot of onions too, yipes.)

The green garlic butter sounds really good. Maybe I'll try it with chives in addition to the greens.
� #6
Old 05-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Admin
Wiki Editor
Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

I read somewhere several years back, for raw garlic, you must cut it into several pieces and place them in the air several minutes before you eat, otherwise it's totally useless, is this true?
� #7
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Standing at the Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I read somewhere several years back, for raw garlic, you must cut it into several pieces and place them in the air several minutes before you eat, otherwise it's totally useless, is this true?
I have not heard that. What I do know is that the antibacterial effect in garlic is brought into action through crushing the clove, that is in its releases of allicin. After it is crushed it is depleted fairly quickly.
The best place to crush it is in your own mouth with your teeth. As allicin dissipates into the air or over time this effect is decreased and the garlic becomes less and less hot and less effective as an antibacterial agent. But still many other health promoting benefits remain for a long long time in stored garlic.
� #8
Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Admin
Wiki Editor
Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Arrow. It's really nice to know.
� #9
Old 06-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Lecturer
EarlyBird is on a distinguished road
Default Garlic

Yes, Thanks for the garlic butter recipe, Arrow. Sounds like a great one to try
for baked potatoes or even with over steamed fresh broccoli, etc.

From personal experience [LOL] I found that the only time you may have trouble
with body odor smelling like Garlic, is if you eat too much of it all at one time.
This is what I did when I initially began using it to lower my blood pressure - years
ago. I wanted to get off the 40 mg ? as quickly as possible, so I overdid it w/8 to
10 pieces the very first time, w/6 to 8 each day after that. Sheesch! I couldn't
even stand myself! So then I cut back to 3 or 4 pieces daily. But, it worked! I
gradually cut back on my BP med to 40mg to 20mg, then to 10mg, then none. My
BP stayed at 117/76 for years w/no Pharma med at all.
� #10
Old 06-20-2009, 06:36 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

Once upon a time, long long ago, I had some spaghetti at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Underground Atlanta. I think the Underground is closed now.

The dish was spaghetti. Grate a hard goat's cheese over the spaghetti and pour garlic butter over it to melt the cheese. Simple and absolutely delicious. I do this and sometimes use sesame oil instead of butter. Lots of variations can be done with this simple dish.

The hot garlic butter was simple too. Just butter, garlic, and parsley.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #11
Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 AM
Explorer
shalinee is on a distinguished road

I am also a garlic lover. My mom used to put in whole bulbs of garlic when making soya pork stew & the dish is just awesome. The garlic is the secret to it. After a few hours of stewing, everyone will be fighting for the smooth, soft, tasty garlic.
� #12
Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Explorer
shalinee is on a distinguished road

Garlic bread is my favourite. Some restaurants serve very good garlic bread while others don't. Both the bread and the garlic butter are important to make it a great combination that gives you that punch and make you come back for more if you know what I mean. Anyone has any good recipe for garlic bread?

Tags
garlic
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.