Exercise is the most effective medicine

neotheone

I was a bit of a late bloomer(very late, am 65) when it came to regular daily workouts,
but I believe that I'm in better overall health now, than when I was in my 40s.

advikverma

Its my opinion physical exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases like diabetes, cancer and more disease. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life.

:)

biotrex

Exercise make fit..

Yes ....Exercise is Important part of human's life...Daily exercise make you fit and healthy..

frankquinn85

There is no powerful medicine like exercise. Because exercise is only one by which you can always stay healthy and strong. I daily take exercise. Exercise is beneficial for you. These words have been a restorative mantra throughout the previous 40 years, yet the saying is still as new as ever. As future trips, numerous individuals make due into their 80s, 90s, and past. Better medications and more secure systems can to a great extent be said thanks to for the additional years. Yet, practice perhaps the way to why a few people make due as well as flourish in later life.

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
Exercise is an important part of keeping your wits about you: DEMENTIA prevention. Helps with so many things!! Lowering glucose is a plus since ALZHEIMER'S has been called Type 3 Diabetes. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/15-ways-to-lower-blood-sugar

I am doing a protocol to help with brain health that includes diet- an incredibly healthy diet that is LOW in sugar and white flours!! Some beneficial supplements AND 45 mins cardio four or five times a week, some weights here and there and riding my bike...I will say though, I miss flour :*( in the form of cake - cookies, etc etc.

As for the comment above, about young pro athletes dying young, I certainly would not suggest the training, diet and lifestyles THEY may experience. Sounds like an awful lot of inflammation! Would be helpful if more info on whether they had unknown heart issues, hidden addictions, etc. Heard rumors many elite tennis players and even ice skaters totally abuse themselves to stay thin - train, train and more training. Even as young adults they are on a very limited diet to stay thin - and in some cases, prevent changing bodies from puberty. Throws those triple jumps off!

d0ug

If exercise is so good why do athletes have shorter life spans than normal people. A lot of these athletes drop dead when playing. If you want to look into longevity look at nutrition not exercise. Even a lot of doctors pushing exercise are dying early.

Reactions: jfh

Homeschoolie

Why is it that all these athlete that exercise drop dead from a heart attack?
"ALL THESE" athletes that exercise don't drop dead. There are/have been millions of athletes that didn't drop dead but lived a normal or long life span.
The small percentage that "dropped dead" is not statistically higher. A certain percentage of people have genetic problems that show up/manifest somewhere along their life journey. And there are numerous mitigating circumstances that affect peoples health/life span in athletes and non-athletes!
Exercise didn't kill them. Depending what did, exercise may have lengthened some of their lives.

d0ug

The most alarming statistic in this study regarding football is that National Football League (NFL) players have a life expectancy of just 55 years. With the worlds best doctors

Homeschoolie

The most alarming statistic in this study regarding football is that National Football League (NFL) players have a life expectancy of just 55 years. With the worlds best doctors
That is because they damage their bodies and brains from almost daily bumping around inside the skull starting in grade school (most pros started playing as little kids in Peewee teams). And many of them have had multiple concussions that cause them health problems and early death.
They also use steroids and other health damaging drugs because of almost constant pain.

Tobinn

Pro athletes die young and exercise is good for you ???
Exercise is no panacea. Pro athletes die young? So do lazy overweight slobs living in mommy's basement. Everybody is going to die sometime...even vegans running 10 miles a day, and stuffing their face with twenty different vitamins and life-extension pills. Between doing what you can to live a healthy lifestyle, and being a fanatic about it...there is a wide gulf.

So yes, exercise is good for you. That does not mean you have to jog ten miles a day, take up Parkour, or MMA. A walk would be good for you. Can't walk? Then a swim. No place to swim? Tai Chi Chih!

d0ug

Sorry I do not take my information from young people who claim they know about longevity but take my nutrition information from 100 + year old people who are not on drugs and see if they are exercising. The people who can teach you about long health life are the ones who have done it not some one who has something to sell.

Tobinn

Sorry I do not take my information from young people who claim they know about longevity but take my nutrition information from 100 + year old people who are not on drugs and see if they are exercising. The people who can teach you about long health life are the ones who have done it not some one who has something to sell.
I'm over sixty, been practicing Neijia and Chi-kung for at least thirty years....but no I'm not 100 years old. Some that old are that old because they did everything right, and some because of genetics. Good luck finding the former, and filtering out the latter.

d0ug

Nice to hear from a young man I am 78 this year and have my own judo dojo but that is not the exercise these people claim you need. I still have a lot to learn from the people who have done what I want to do.