Grape Seed Extract and l-theanine

seriousfix

I am taking astaxanthin, fish oil, holy basil and grape seed extract three times a day. This calms me down for the most part. Can I add l-theanine to this? I am hoping it will help me sleep.

Thank you.

jfh

perpetual student
There is no problem taking l-theanine with your other supplements. I take a lot of supplements. Way more than you have mentioned. For sleep, I take a supplement that contains melatonin and l-theanine. Works very well.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I agree with Jfh. I use just a half tablet of Schiff 3mg Melatonin with 25mg Theanine for sleep...along with many other supplements/herbs.

seriousfix

Original Poster
Thanks, all. It's kind of weird because 400 mg of l-theanine makes me hallucinate a bit. Feels trippy. But it really mellows me out. Haven't tried them all at one time. Might try it later since they can be used together. Thanks again.

jaminhealth

Personally, I've been taking Grape Seed Extract since 1995, no colds, no flus and strong immune system. Allergies and sinus issues are history. THere is so much to say about these OPC's...pycnogenol and grape SEED extract.

jaminhealth

For Sleep this is basically what I use:

There is so MUCH to work with to get good sleep. I use all natural stuff w which consists of:

1/2 Mg Melatonin
500mg Inositol

50mg B6 (P5P form)
500 mg L Tryptophan
1-2 tabs of Calms Forte'

I begin this process about 1-2 hrs before I plan to hit the pillow which is 11:15PM just about every night. So I start the above first 2 at about 9:30 and the other 2 about 10:30 or so.

In the last year the HGH homeopathic gel I'm using twice a day has even given me even better deeper sleep.

I also take magnesium 2-3 caps thru the day and this also does a job for the sleep. I get 8-10 hrs good sleep nightly...