Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Health Insurance

� #1
Old 02-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Default Man�s personal info stolen after using Obamacare website

Quote:
A Virginia man�s personal information has been stolen after he signed up for Obamacare on the healthcare.gov website. Now, he�s questioning if the website is the reason why.
�There�s a possibility someone got my personal information from your website,� Virginia Beach resident Rich Guillory said in a video shot by WVEC-VA while speaking on the phone. �They knew my name and they had my number� � along with his address and social security number as well.
The day after he signed up on the website, he got a call from someone claiming they could help him with finding health insurance. When the call came in, he didn�t have time to talk.
However, they continued from two different Virginia Beach numbers. Guillory said he received about seven or eight calls before calling the number back. When he placed the call, a lady answered the phone and said she didn�t know what he was talking about. He then called the second number. The lady who picked up said this was about the fourth call she received like it.
The unknown person called Guillory once again. He answered and told them the number they were calling from is not legitimate. They hung up immediately.
�It�s easier than you think to make it look like you�re calling from a different number than you actually are,� Cyber Security expert Heather Engel told WVEC-VA. She also stated there could be a couple of reasons of why this is happening, and intrusion upon the healthcare.gov website could be one of them.
https://capitolcityproject.com/mans-p...acare-website/
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #2
Old 02-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Lecturer
liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

Individual hackers are the least of their worries........

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=228250

Quote:
Brosurance Written In Belarus?!

Oh this is good....
Quote:
U.S. intelligence agencies last week urged the Obama administration to check its new healthcare network for malicious software after learning that developers linked to the Belarus government helped produce the website, raising fresh concerns that private data posted by millions of Americans will be compromised.
What?!
Belarus, for those who are unaware, is one of the hotbeds of cyber theft and scam and if anyone is worse in terms of officially sponsoring it than China, it's these guys!

What's even better is that Belarus has interdicted Internet traffic through what is believed to be an intentional hijack of BGP4 routes, allowing them to examine traffic that is not for them. That, by the way, is not a new problem either, but it remains one that nobody in the ISP community has ever done anything effective about, despite it being something that happened on a disturbingly-regular basis back in the 1990s when I was running MCSNet. Of course at the time the people doing it would always claim it was an "accident."

Uh huh, just like we're told (and are dumb enough to believe) that the guy who is found with two bullet holes in the back of his head committed suicide by blowing his brains out -- twice.

What's better is that it's not just Obamacare software -- it apparently also includes code used in essentially all medical facilities and insurance companies in the United States.
Meet the developers of Brosurance and all of your medical records software, located in Minsk.

And you thought the people that were talking about a Communist takeover of the United States were tinfoil-hat wearers.......
� #3
Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Guide
Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

It's part of dealing with the web and with technology. Target got its database of transactions including customer credit card numbers stolen. Yahoo got its database compromised including logins and yahoo shopping info including credit card numbers and Paypal logins. Welcome to the 21st century.
� #4
Old 02-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I've only had my stolen once. It was a telephone order in Europe. Next thing I know someone had booked a Swiss vacation on my card.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.